In March of 2006 we moved from Alaska to Texas - driving our stuff down. During the drive we stopped in Washington to visit my parents for a week or so and then stopped in Las Vegas to visit Dennis's family and attend his brother's wedding. Once we got to Texas we lived with Kerry O'Guin (now Stanley) for a few months until Laurie and Paul moved down in the summer of 2006.
Once they got here, Laurie and Paul bought a house in Round Rock, Texas, which is just north of Austin. We lived with them for a couple months until Dennis and I found a house to buy in Round Rock as well. The house we ended up buying is two houses away from Laurie and Paul's and was a foreclosure so we got a great deal. (See below.)

Shortly after moving to Texas I found out I was having a baby boy due in November. We closed on our house the last day of October 2006 and Chase Joshua Black was born December 4th. He was 9 lbs, 2 ozs, and almost 2 weeks late. (Below are some of his first photos.)

While I was pregnant I got a job as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for an Internet company in Austin and Dennis got a job as a Systems Administrator for Fidelity National Title in Austin as well. The owner of my company is really great and loves kids so before I had Chase he moved me into a huge corner office so I could bring Chase and all his baby stuff to work with me everyday. I began taking him to work when he was two months old and he went with me everyday until he was six months.
During the summer of 2007 my company relocated to Little Rock, Arkansas so I began working remotely from home. Since then I work at home and take care of Chase while I'm working. It's so good to not have to have a babysitter! Dennis switched jobs in March of 2008 and now works as a Systems Engineer for Kershner Trading Company in Austin.
During this time, Laurie and Paul had a little girl named Lyla Alexis Holsman. She was born August 31, 2007 so she is only 9 months younger than Chase. We're just starting to let the kids play together so Chase can learn to be gentle with her - he's definitely a boy and likes to play rough.
Anyway, that's our last two years in a nutshell. In the coming weeks I'm going to post some cool things we have done (like visiting Alaska with Chase for Thanksgiving) and include plenty of pictures of Chase so everyone will quit harassing me. Make sure to check back often for updates.
Love,
Les

No comments:
Post a Comment